Last month we talked about setting up an RTI format for student behavior management. In case you’ve forgotten, Tier I is all about preventing misbehaviors from occurring by establishing and teaching a schoolwide system of expectations, consequences and providing LOTS and LOTS of positives to acknowledge appropriate behavior.
If these elements of Tier I have been solidly established, taught throughout the school, and all staff members use the plan with consistency, 80-85% of misbehaviors that typically occur in schools will be prevented. The other 15% of students will be deemed as needing Tier II and Tier III interventions.
This article take you through a 4-step process to administer Tier II interventions, as well as supplying plenty of ideas and resources for addressing specific behavior problems for Tier II students or "frequent flyers."
Read Behavior RTI: 4 Steps to Tier II Intervention Success