1. How many teachers are there in the US?
2. Who was the first president to ennact the law requiring guidelines and funding to states for the education of special needs children?
3. What is Charlie Brown's teacher known for saying?
4. What landmark Supreme Court decision led to the integration of schools?
5. In the movie Dangerous Minds, Michelle Pfeiffer's character (teacher Louanne Johnson) challenges her students to a contest that brought together a famous musician and poet. Who were they?
Bonus: What song was featured in the movie and featured Pfeiffer's character in the video?
6. What ancient educator is known for his technique of instructing through questioning students?
7. What was the first word Anne Sullivan taught Hellen Keller?
8. Who first proposed the theory of multiple intelligences?
9. Who started the Freedom Writers movement?
10. What is the average # of weekly hours teachers spend on non-compensated duties?
See answers below. Show off your score in the comments section!
Answers: 1. 6.2 million, 2. Gerald Ford, 3. 'wah wah wah wah?, 4. Brown v. Board of Education, 5. Bob Dylan/Dylan Thomas, 5b. Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise, 6. Socrates, 7. doll, 8. Howard Gardner, 9. Erin Gruwell, 11.6 (according to a 2001 NEA study)